Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Get Smart

Get Smart could have been a funny movie if not for the majority of the scenes that I laughed at being revealed in the trailer. The remaining funny scenes were scarce and there was just something about Anne Hathaway that didn't seem to fit with the rest of the movie. The movie only ran 1 hour and 50 minutes but it felt a lot longer, and that's not a good thing.

I do like Steve Carell. He's one of the main reasons that I went to see the movie, but even I as one of his fans has to admit that his schtick is growing a little stale. I suppose it's smart to stick with what brought you success, but he needs to branch out a little. The Will Ferrell sport-comedy was funny with Talladega Nights, but each movie there after (Blades of Glory, Semi Pro) was a lot less funny and made less money. I'm happy to see Carell signed on for three more seasons of the Office, maybe he'll get more time to sort through the movie projects.

I'm likely not going to see another movie until Dark Knight.

No comments: